Levi has been having trouble going to sleep this week. Every night we either had to rock him or lay down with him to get him to fall asleep. And he finally would - by 10pm! Keep in mind his bedtime is normally around 8:30. We do our normal routine - bath, stories, bible story, prayer, bed - and recently he cries for less than five minutes and is out. Not this week! He screams and screams, upwards of 30 minutes! Poor, stubborn little boy... Last night he finally fell asleep with Andy around 10:30 then was up again at 3:40. I lay down with him, tried to put him back in his crib around 5 and then he screamed some more! So I brought him in our bed and he rolled and tossed and sat up and lay down until 6am when he finally zonked out. Of course, that is when Andy's alarm went off. I woke him up at 7am (to try and get him to go down earlier tonight) and he was none too happy about it. We had an okay day considering he only napped, in his highchair mind you, for about 45 minutes!!
We had an early dinner tonight because Andy is on Lake Erie on a fishing trip with some contractors, people from Turner and one of his co-workers. After dinner I decided to take Levi to the big meadow area one street south of us and chase Levi around for awhile. We did lots of racing between trees, picking up sticks and tickling trying to wear him down so he'd sleep tonight. Who needs a big back yard when there is a HUGE grassy area so close? I think we'll be playing there more often. Anyway, it must have worked because after his bath, and lots of crying because he wanted to stand on the toilet seat and dump water from a cup into the tub (not going to happen!) he fell asleep while I was praying around 7:40. I haven't heard a peep yet and hopefully it'll stay that way until around 7am.
Other than trying to get this sleep thing under control we are doing well. He is talking so much more now - apple juice, birdies and rabbit are a few newer words he uses in context. He loves playing outside in the garage. Who knew the poles to crank up the car jack would be so exciting? Thankfully out backyard is shaded most of the time since our air conditioner broke last night! Anyone have an extra condenser or heat pump lying around? It doesn't look like it's supposed to be too humid tomorrow so we should be fine. I can deal with heat - just not sticky humidity. I'm planning to go to Easton tomorrow to play in the fountains and try and stay cool. I'm going to bring the camera so hopefully I'll have some cute shots to post :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment