Saturday, July 12, 2008

I have the best husband ever!

He fixed the air conditioning!! After spending about 15 minutes examining the coil and wiring in the basement Andy decided to change the fuse and low and behold our 33 year old air conditioner is working again!! Yippee! He just saved us tons of money! Now we are sure, at some point, it is going to break - but not right now!!

Levi and I had a fun day yesterday. After Alex left we both had naps and then we went swimming! We went to Tuttle Pool - which is part of the Parks & Recreation department in Columbus. The pools are free this summer! All you have to get is a card from a rec center which cost $1. This pool is awesome! I was definitely expecting it to be more crowded than it was - but it wasn't bad at all. There is a baby pool, a few fountains, and a mushroom. In part of the big pool it's only 1' 7" so Levi can go in there also. He loved playing in the fountains, running through the shower where you wash yourself off and playing in the water. He learned how to jump into the pool from the side. You have to be ready to catch him because he will just stand there on the edge and then jump off with both feet. He went under a few times accidentally but he'd just pop back up, cough a little and be ready to play more. He sure is a brave little boy. The only way I could get him out of the water - after about an hour and a half of being there - was to bribe him with snacks so I'll be bringing lots of those when we go again :)

When we came home from the pool we made dinner, entirely on the grill - thanks to the side burner - and Levi and I picked up sticks in the yard. Since we thought the air wasn't working I didn't want to use the stove in the house. Andy separated the fish that he caught on his fishing trip at Lake Erie and got it ready for freezing. He brought home about 7 lbs of walleye so we added that to our free range beef in the deep freezer and I won't be buying any meat for a while. (We bought a quarter of a cow from Brown County, OH back in May) Now if we can just find some bulk quantity of chicken I won't need to buy meat for a year at the store!

In other news, Levi is still having trouble with bedtime. Last night we tried to put him down around 9 and he was finally asleep - beside Daddy in the twin bed at 10:40. But he went down easily for his nap today so maybe tonight will be better? He did wake up at 6:20 this morning - although I was lazy and brought him in with us and he slept 'till 7:50. We are going to try to play a little bit after we eat dinner because eating dinner and then starting the bath/bed routine right away doesn't seem to be working.

No comments: