Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Visit to Louisville/Words/Moving


Levi and I went to see my sisters in Louisville this week. Christy and Bruce bought a new house in July and did a TON of work to it so we went to check it out. All three of us will be going down again the end of the month to show Andy the house (he had to work when Levi and I went). There house is over 100 years old and has these awesome 10 and 12 foot ceilings. It's great!
Levi is really starting to talk and wants us to have conversations with him - not just talk to hear himself talk. Some of his most frequently used phrases/words:
Where Daddy go? (the answer he'll give is "to work")
I don't wanna (I don't want to)
Mup (milk)
Arf (his stuffed dog)
He's started counting recently also - "one, two, one, one, one". We can't seem to get "three" out.
He's also very good at praying - we pray before each meal and any time he goes to sleep so at least five times a day. He's been saying "Dear Jesus" to start for a while and when we say "in Jesus name we pray" he yells "amen!" most times. Last week I started getting him to help with the actual prayer so I say "thank you for..." and he fills in the blank. Normally we get a Jesus, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy :) Sometime if I prompt for Grandma then he will say Annie and Bruce. Can't seem to get a Christy or any of the Fouss's without prompting yet but we'll be working on that one!
The other big thing that is going on with us is that Andy and I are planning to sell our house. After much deliberation on whether to rent or sell our current house we've decided to sell so we are madly working on fixing little things with the house and packing up a ton of stuff to make our little house look bigger. There are probably already 20 boxes in the garage and I'm not done yet! I'm sure that once we actually sell it and have to pack up the rest of the stuff I will be just throwing things in boxes without much organization. So far it's been fun though to actually look at all the stuff we have.

No comments: